Group & Individual Health Insurance
First established in 2015, the Chiropractic Medical Insurance Program offers medical insurance exclusively for DC members of participating state chiropractic associations like the Unified Virginia Chiropractic Association, their employees, and families.
Throughout the past year, we’ve listened to member feedback to make the program even better. You’re sure to find the right benefits to meet your needs at competitive rates.
- Individual programs now available, in addition to Group, eliminating the need to offer group programs to employees.
- The improved online application process is easier and faster. Fully completed, no-obligation applications will receive underwriting answers in 72 hours or less!
- Preferred rate tier available for ages 18-59 years old and Preferred Plus rate tier available through age 64 to respond to increasing medical insurance rates for individuals 50 years and older in the marketplace.
- Twelve benefit designs, an HSA (Health Savings Account) and two network options; all the options are ACA-compliant — this is traditional insurance with 100% preventative care included.
Why Apply for the UVCA Chiropractic Medical Program?
- Chiropractors are healthier than the average population – and the numbers over the past six years prove it.
- Chiropractors are small employers with roughly 2.5 employees participating per office. If you didn’t have another employee to apply for medical insurance in past years, you can apply by yourself.
- Chiropractors enjoy a low underwriting risk factor, and most can qualify for better rates than the modified community rates available in most states. Most chiropractors are not eligible for subsidies due to their income.
- The program allows most employers to pay premiums on a tax-favored basis.
How is the UVCA Chiropractic Medical Program Different?
- Annual rate increases have averaged under 5% over the past six years.
- Chiropractors have renewed coverage more than 98.5% every year of the program’s existence.
- The program has grown every year since inception.
- It’s easy to apply online directly from the UVCA website.
- While we can’t speak for everyone, many members from the UVCA and other participating state chiropractic associations have reported that they can get the coverage they want at a lower rate than they were previously paying. One member reported he was saving over $1000 a month!
No Better Time
There’s no better time to take advantage of your UVCA membership benefits or join now to enjoy this exceptional medical insurance program.
You do not have to be a UVCA member doctor to apply and receive a no-obligation quote. You do have to be a UVCA member to enroll.
If you have questions, please contact the program manager and agent Mark Ritchie, phone (614) 214-8334, email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need additional assistance, feel free to contact Julie Connolly, UVCA executive director, at email@example.com.
This page contains the latest information as of November 30, 2021.