|The Opioids Crisis|
The Opioid Crisis: What It Means; How Chiropractic Can Help
Purpose of this Page
· To provide information to patients, media, healthcare providers, employer groups and other organizations.
· To provide tools and resources to help Doctors of Chiropractic talk to their patients, community, employers, and other groups regarding the seriousness of the opioid crisis and how Chiropractors can help.
· Virginia Board of Medicine Creates New Opioid Prescription Guidelines: http://www.richmond.com/life/health/va-board-creates-new-opioid-prescription-guidelines/article_34ceace4-24f7-5125-9445-680f6f7bede4.html
· “The Cost of Prescription Painkillers” Video from The Chiropractic Society of Wisconsin: https://vimeo.com/187921433
· “Chiropractic: A Safer Solution to the Opioid Epidemic” Video from the Tennessee Chiropractic Association: http://www.tnchiro.com/videos/tennessee-chiropractic-association-chiropractic-a-safer-solution-to-the-opioid-epidemic/
· “Medical Journal Recommends Spinal Manipulation as a Primary Treatment for Low Back Pain” [Click Here]
· Clinical Compass (CCGPP):
o Variety of related papers: http://clinicalcompass.org/ccgpp/opioid-resources
· The Ohio Governor’s Task Force: Acute Pain Infographic from Ohio State Chiropractic Association [Click Here]
· American Chiropractic Association: “Chiropractic and the Opioid Epidemic: Rethinking Our Approach to Pain” at http://www.acatoday.org/Patients-Why-Choose-Chiropractic-Chiropractic-and-the-Opioid-Epidemic
· Foundation for Chiropractic Progress: “F4CP Opioids Toolkit 1.0”
o Complete toolkit at http://www.f4cp.com/resources/tool-kit/F4CP_Opioids_1.0_Toolkit.pdf
o White paper “Chiropractic: A Safer Strategy than Opioids” at http://www.f4cp.com/f4cp_opioid_white_paper.pdf· CDC Releases Guideline for Prescribing Opioids for Chronic Pain: https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2016/p0315-prescribing-opioids-guidelines.html