- Participation in VCAdoctalk, the e-mail discussion group that allows you to easily ask questions and exchange information on a myriad of subjects with chiropractic offices throughout the state (many members say that this alone is worth the dues!). [Policies]
- Discounts on online education through ChiroCredit.com and Education Over the Net (EON!).
- Listing in our web-based, searchable Find-a-Doc listing.
- Free flash presentations to help you reach out to and educate MDs and other healthcare providers.
- Free classified advertising; for example, if you're seeking an associateship, buy equipment, or to share, purchase or lease office space.
- Deep discounts on registration to top-notch educational programming for you and your office staff.
- Your own district director to provide you with a regional contact, answer questions, etc.
- Access to the expertise of leadership and committee specialists on coding, documentation, Medicare, insurance, legislative issues, financial/accounting issues, and more.
- Access to the members-only section of VCA's web site with additional tools and information.
- Printed and online subscription to the quarterly newsletter, The Virginia Voice.
- Subscription to VCA's Member FYI fax/email service to keep you current in between newsletter issues.Increased strength and impact via merger with the other Virginia association!
Real Practice Support
- A dedicated District Director in your specific region to help you find the answers to your questions and concerns, and to insure that your positions are presented to the VCA Board.
- Ability to get convenient, fast advice and ideas from your colleagues throughout the state via the member list serve, vcadoctalk.
- Committees with focused work and education in the areas of insurance, legislation, acupuncture, education, and more.
- Medicare updates, insurance relations tips, marketing tools, practice management strategies, research and technical reports, in-depth reviews of laws that affect Virginia doctors, and other timely news and information via the newsletter, web site, monthly faxes, broadcast email, and special mailings.
- Resource for quality suppliers committed to serving the needs of the chiropractic marketplace.
- A members-only section on the web site packed full of valuable tools and information.
Made Possible by VCA Members:
- Strong, consistent presence in the Capitol via one of the most respected lobbyists in Richmond, Bruce B. Keeney, Sr., President, The Keeney Corporation.
- Powerful legal action on behalf of Virginia chiropractors, such as the filing of a major lawsuit against Trigon.
- Legislation allowing DCs to serve on Workers Compensation boards.
- Retaining of any-willing provider status under PPOs.
- Defeat of physical therapists’ bill that would have prevented DCs from using modalities.
- Guaranteed mandated provider status under the insurance equality laws.
- Efforts to insure chiropractic representation on committee to formulate ethics guidelines for everyone regulated by the Board of Medicines.
- The right for limited license radiology technicians to take our x-rays.
- Ongoing project to correct problems caused by DCs’ non-physician status and insure DC inclusion in health care legislative changes. Without such efforts, chiropractors would not be included in legislation that benefits physicians unless legislation was specifically amended to include chiropractors. With this initiative, good or bad legislation introduced by the medical society would also include us.
… Last but not least, the knowledge that you are making a real difference by supporting and participating in the largest and most effective chiropractic organization in the state, rather than just "riding on the coat tails” of others… An organization dedicated to heightening awareness of the scientifically validated safety and efficacy of chiropractic, obtaining true parity in the health care arena, and to moving the profession according to the needs and priorities of its members.
Real Cost Savings
- Deep discounts on VCA conventions and seminars for doctors and their staff.
- Significantly reduced dues rates for new practitioners, retired DCs, and other special categories.
From Humanscale Corporation:
o Members-only opportunity to demonstrate a hands-on, research-backed ergonomics office set-up to your patients!
From Trusted Voice:
o VCA members receive a 10% discount for on-hold orders, radio/tv commercials, and more.
From Education Over the Net (EON!):
o VCA members save on online education.
o Visit www.eondirect.com/vachiro.
o VCA members save 10% on online education.
o Visit www.chirocredit.com/vca.
From Foot Levelers Inc.:
o Call 800-553-4860 for details.
- From Integrated Practice Solutions
o VCA members save 25% off registration fees for medical billing and practice management services.
o 1st time purchase from Nutri-West, 10% off any order over $100.
o $25 off registration fee for seminars sponsored by Nutri-West Mid Atlantic (doctors only).
From Breakthrough Coaching:
o Free registration to BTC’s practice management "boot camps” for you and your staff. Visit www.mybreakthrough.com for current dates and locations.
From ChiroHealth USA:
o Safe and legal program for offering discounts.
Call the VCA office at 540-932-3100, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact your personal district director (see listing under VCA Leadership).
For a complete list of all VCA members, all membership classifications combined, visit the Tools & Resources, Publications, Directory (members only).
To find a Doctor of Chiropractic in Virginia, visit this site's "Find-A-Doctor" section.
To find providers of goods and services who support the chiropractic profession as Supplier Members of the VCA, click here
Display the Difference!
Demonstrate your commitment to the highest standards of continuing education, ethical practice and involvement in healthcare in the State of Virginia.
- Display the Unified VCA member SEAL on your stationery, business card, signage, web site, in your yellow pages ad, etc. For ideas, guidelines, or to submit intended usage for approval, contact the UVCA office.
- Affix a Unified VCA member DECAL to your office door or window.
- Frame a personalized membership CERTIFICATE for your waiting room, treatment room, or office.
For a JPG of the Unified VCA Member logo, [click here].
To order a decal and/or membership certificate [click here].